[LAU] [yoshimi] Re: Yoshimi Command Line

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Thu Sep 20 00:00:42 CEST 2018

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 00:15:58 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

>Sorry, mail must have got lost. My point in short: you can try to shorten the
>state info by e.g. "+" or "-" directly in front of or after the feature in the
>path. Other symbols or demarkation could be used.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Jeanny

OK I think I've got a compromise in the current build.

In any context, its identifier is in full, lower ones have just the first
letter.
I like the idea of '+' instead of 'on' but it's that or nothing, clearer than
'-' and the line shifts slightly giving you another hint.

So:
yoshimi>
s p 4 on
yoshimi Part 4+>
s add
yoshimi P4+, add+
s voi 6
yoshimi P4+, A+, Voice 6>
s fil
yoshimi P4+, A+, V6, analog Filter>

Note we haven't activated Voice 6 so it won't sound but can still be edited!

/ s p 2 on
yoshimi Part 2+>
s km mu
yoshimi Part 2+, kit 1+, multi>
s ki 4
yoshimi Part 2+, kit 4, multi>
s on
yoshimi Part 2+, kit 4+, multi>
s sub on
yoshimi P2+, K4, M, Sub+>
s fil on
yoshimi P2+, K4, M, S+, analog Filter+>
s ca f
yoshimi P2+, K4, M, S+, formant Filter+>

Note that kit controls stay in full until you enter the engines, as they are
all in the part context.

Finally, thanks for the feedback :)

--
Will J Godfrey