[LAU] [New music] Chapeau D'Empereur

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Sep 26 16:39:05 CEST 2018

Hey hey,
this is an upbeat EDM/dance/dubstep track. It was fun to make and hopefully
will be; fun to listen to or move to. :) In musical terms an experiemtn to see
how far my setup can take me towards dubstep:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/cde.ogg
http://juliencoder.de/nama/cde.mp3

Musicians may guess at the origiin of the name, more lazy lack of creativity
than anything else.

On the Linux side this track uses Yoshimi as a doubling for the EDM
pluck/supersaw like sound and LinuxSampler for the celesta and doubling of the
strings. The song was sequenced in Midish and recorded, processed and mixed in
Nama. Many LADSPA and LV2 effects were used, including - but not limited to -
Fons Adriaensen's Chorus, the gate from the SWH plugins, Invada studio
compressor, Guitarix distortion, a few CAPS plugins, Fons' FIL plugin and
more...

Feedback is welcome and joy is desired. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

It's not complicated