[LAU] Firewire modules

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Apr 1 01:39:34 CEST 2019

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019, Len Ovens wrote:

> Are there very many/any people using firewire devices?
>
> If so is it with the alsa modules or the faddo modules?
>
> My final question being how good are the alsa modules? do they cover most of
> the FW devices out there? Or is removing alsa FW mod and using faddo the way
> to go?

  I still have my old (Bebob-based) Focusrite Pro26I/O, which I haven't used at
all for the past four years, and before that, I was running Jack with ffado
backend on Ubuntustudio 12.04, I think.
   About a year ago, I found need to do some testing of an SPDIF device, so I
pulled the old focusrite out and frustrated myself for a few days trying to get
a driver stack, any driver stack, talking to it on Ubuntustudio 18.04.  No joy.
   I should have sold it when I retired it, when there was still working drivers
available...
--
Rick Green

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's
  Citizens United ruling, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish
  that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons
                        entitled to constitutional rights.

 			http://www.MoveToAmend.org