[LAU] Does anyone write a customized JACK patchbay in python?

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Wed Apr 3 03:54:54 CEST 2019

I wrote a command line "patchbay" in Python. It's called jack-matchmaker:

https://github.com/SpotlightKid/jack-matchmaker

> I just want every JACK client to alternate between speakers and
> headphones when I press a keyboard shortcut.

You could *almost* do that with jack-matchmaker by defining connection
patterns in two files, copy the file with the configuration you want at
the moment to the file given to jack-matchmaker with the --pattern-file
option ad then send a HUP signal to its process to get it to re-read the
file.

Alas, jack-matchmaker never disconnect existing connections. But maybe
you can take some inspiration from the code.

It uses its own Python-JACK interface (based on ctypes, stolen from
Cadence). I would probably use python-jack instead today:

https://github.com/spatialaudio/jackclient-python/

Chris