[LAU] JACK, Qjackctl, and ffado

Mac macdroid53 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 21:49:18 CEST 2019

Hi,

I have a system running UbuntuStudio 18.04 and I use ffado with jack for my
firewire AF12.

When I boot the system and start things up with Qjackctl all is good.
(Qjackctl runs a script that starts Calf plugins, zita-lrx, some meters,
and connects up a variety of things the the ins/outs that ffado presents.
Most notably the output of zita-lrx forming a tri-amp system. The input to
zita-lrx coming from the Calf plugins. )

All works fine, as long as I have no occasion to hit the stop button in
Qjackctl. It runs another script that shuts down Calf, zita-lrx, and meters.

But, if I attempt to start things again, it says it can't start.

If I kill the ffado-dbus-server, then start ffado mixer (this apparently
starts the ffado-dbus-server), then open Qjackctl again it's already
running. At this point, if I run the script mentioned above, all is good
again.

Does this imply that I'm not shutting down correctly and leaving ffado in
some zombie state?

Is there a proper shutdown that won't cause this?