[LAU] JACK, Qjackctl, and ffado

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Apr 22 06:15:09 CEST 2019

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019, Mac wrote:

> I sent a long email about testing Ubuntu Studios Controls.
>
> Since it got dumped because it was too long thanks to inserting screen captures,
> I then wrote a fixed version and the subject changed creating broken thread. I'll
> paraphrase (and I hope this reply is going to the original thread. Sorry.)
>
> Short version:
> - Ubuntu Studio Controls doesn't know about ffado.

Yes.

> - I attempted to force things from the command line, but was unsuccessful.
> In fact, I'm not sure I can even get Ubuntu Studo Controls to do nothing.

If jack is stopped, none of the settings have any effect. Bridging can
only happen if jack is running. If jack is stopped, none of the settings
in ubuntustudio-controls have effect. Pulse is running using the system
configuration. Bridging from pulse to jackd will still happen just because
the bridge auto detect is there. In -controls that jackdetection module is
removed so the bridge can be truned off.

> - Ubuntu Studio Controls also has a problem with retaining the selections for
> bridging, etc. If you check them off, then logout/login or reboot they are back
> to default (checked). The last time I logged in and started Carla, there were 12

Did you choose apply after (de)selecting them? (should the apply button be
removed?) Remember that the pulse-jack bridge is enabled by default.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net