[LAU] A cardboard audio control panel

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Aug 20 02:51:55 CEST 2019

On Sun, 18 Aug 2019, david wrote:

> https://www.rhythmo.io/
>
> Suitable for beginners or cheap folk?

The price is: "super affordable", for who? Something with real numbers
would be nice.

I think the case is one of the less expesive parts.

When one can get the normal 25key + 8 drum pads, 4 encoders, 4 faders and
some control buttons for $80 Canadian ($60US?) I wonder how these guys
could make money, even with a cardboard case.

Not set up for drums, but another cheap controller... you probably have
one sitting in front of your computer already:
http://www.ovenwerks.net/hardware/3dollarcontrolsurface.html

I've set it up as a mackie control type controller, but lots of people use
them as a piano/synth kb and it could be used to do drums too. No encoders
though. But any two keys can be used as an encoder or other CC/pitchwheel
control.

For a more compact controller, there are numerical keypads for laptops
that work too.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net