[LAU] [new music] a premature birthday greeting to Yoshimi

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Aug 26 23:12:48 CEST 2019

Hey hey,
I know that the official date is the 1st of Septembre, but I'll be a little
out of touch, so I have decided to post my birthday contribution today.

Beautiful, excellent birthay dear Yoshimi :)
youtu.be/0luuMWOYBV0

I stayed with the electronic genre, which is an obvious choice, but I have
tried to go down a different route with a different sound. A more RNB inspired
song in rhythm and arrangement, though the harmonies tell a more classical
story. The bridge is strongly influenced by Cesar Franck Prelude et
variations. It's a beautiful piece, you'll find a lovely version on the Aeolus
demo page. Listen out for the small section leading from the opening part to
the quieter verse. It's the best way I can describe it. :)

The sounds are mostly from the Jeanny's Genius soundbank for Yoshimi:
http://juliencoder.de/sound/jg_yoshimi_patches-0.1.tar.bz2

The big bang is from the noise bank and the lead is the officially approved
"Will Godfrey's favourite lead sound". The latter is admittedly a tad low in
the mix. I tried it at more volume, but found it too straining for my ears. I
thik I might be a little sensitive in that frequency range and then this song
is quite different from Will's serene, open tunes, where this sound can flow
much more freely.

So: happy birthday Yoshimi, for ten years you're a very grown up little girl
with (not so) hidden depth to your character. An inspiring "play mate".

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's a girl in the mirror