[LAU] Yoshimi 1.6.1

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 14:14:38 CET 2019

Forgive my ignorance, but does Yoshimi have banks of presets that
correspond to the instruments found in General MIDI specs ?
Perhaps this is not even the purpose of Yoshimi or any synthesizer, but I
do see several banks of presets (including your own) that represent
standard instruments from the GM list.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 4:32 PM Will Godfrey <willgodfrey at musically.me.uk>
wrote:

> Out now, just in time for the festive season :)
>
> For ALSA MIDI there is a search mode where Yoshimi will connect to every
> readable source it can find.
>
> There has been a correction to Scales note and frequency allocation
> terminology.
>
> The mixer panel format can now be changed from Yoshimi->Settings.
>
> The CLI has additional controls, particularly in banks and roots
> management.
>
> Other stuff.
>
> We've had to do an update to allow for the change in the MXML API.
>
> Dots and dashes in grids are now solid lines. They render much faster.
>
> Session/State/Config managment is now unified. More system settings can be
> changed by these files as Yoshimi instances start.
>
> The Advanced User Manual has been significantly updated.
>
> More details on all of these are in /doc/Yoshimi_1.6.1_features.txt
>

> Yoshimi source code is available from either:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshimi
> Or:
> https://github.com/Yoshimi/yoshimi
>
> Full build instructions are in 'INSTALL'.
>
> Our list archive is at:
> https://www.freelists.org/archive/yoshimi
> To post, email to:
> yoshimi at freelists.org
>

> --
> Will J Godfrey
> http://www.musically.me.uk
> Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
> Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.

regards,
Banibrata
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bdutta
http://twitter.com/edgeliving