[LAU] Delta 66 woes

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Dec 19 11:47:24 CET 2019

Greetings !

My audio device has been an M-Audio Delta 66 + Omni I/O breakout box
that has served me well for many years. Alas, something is now causing a
severe problem with it. When I turn the unit on in the morning the clip
and input lights are solid red and green and remain so for up to five or
more minutes before they go off. Adding to that, my portable room heater
is now causing a terrible hum through my speakers. I tried another
heater, got the same results.

So, is the problem likely the Delta card ? I have a replacement for it
that I could swap out, but I thought I'd check with the experts first.
Or should I get an electrician to check out the wiring in my room ?

I can have sound or heat in my studio but not both at the same time. Grrr...

Season's Greetings to all LAU/LAD members !

Best,

dp