[LAU] [music] a773: rain check

Atte atte at youmail.dk
Sun Dec 22 00:21:32 CET 2019

On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 23:02:40 +0100 (CET)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

> nice one! Have you tried feeding something like Yoshimi/zynAddSubFX into
> your rainmaker? It's a nice module and I always felkt a good companion
> for something as rich as Yoshimi.

No, I must admit I very rarely do soft synths these days. Except csound, which is my old flame :-)

> That is not, however, to say that I think your arrangement inferior. I
> like the almost flutey layer that sometimes plays with the main "lead".
> I haven't decided yet how to best immitate that with one of my own
> synths. :)

Nice catch! It's rings (a resonator) with some field-recording as input. So if you're happy with aproximations (that's always more fun than exact IMHO) I'm sure there are some resonators in linux audio land...

> Best wishes and thanks,

Well, thank you!

Cheers
--