[LAU] Delta 66 woes

Dominique Michel dominique.c.michel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 17:47:08 CET 2019

Le Thu, 19 Dec 2019 21:48:29 +0100,
Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> a écrit :

> On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 10:04:09AM -0800, Len Ovens wrote:
>
> > The most likely thig to be wrong is a capacitor. With the i/o box
> > open find a larger cap probably close to where the power comes in
> > and after warm up try spraying this with some kind of "freeze
> > spray" to see if the problem comes back. replace tha cap that when
> > chilled causes the probalem to come back. Probably replace the
> > power supply cap just because... (higher value is ok)
>
> If this is a faulty cap (and it may very well be), then cooling it
> isn't going to help. Look for traces of leakage. If there is any,
> replace the cap.

I have a Siemens documentation for their best quality
electrolytic capacitors. It date from the time Siemens/Fujitsu was
making the best electrolytic caps of the world. It is written than,
after 10 years of service, you you want to be sure the caps are still
in the range of their specification, you have to change them in all
cases.

Old caps are a major cause of failures in electronics, especially into
cheap electronics where it is a real nightmare when it is a lot of them.
As are contact corrosion and bad soldering points.

--
If you have a problem and you are not doing anything to fix it, you are
at the heart of the problem.