[LAU] how to match tempos

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Sat Feb 9 21:40:12 CET 2019

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019, at 20:05, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 10:50 AM <wferi at niif.hu> wrote:
> > Thanks for pointing me to Sonic Visualiser, Paul, it looks really
> > interesting.  I could get an A-B time map out of it, but not a mix or
> > any time-stretched audio: it does not seem to actually perform the
> > effect.  How do I proceed from here?  Do I find a time stretch plugin
> > which I can automate with the derivative of this time map, or..?
>
> Record its output via JACK?

No, SV does time-alignment and it can speed up and slow down audio, but it doesn't combine the two - it can't simultaneously play two aligned sources, it just plays one and scrolls the other one in alignment with it. And it can't export one realigned to match the other.

You can use the Rubber Band command-line utility to dynamically stretch a track to match a certain A-B time map.

Chris