[LAU] Linux mint for audio?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Feb 17 09:15:46 CET 2019

On Sun, 2019-02-17 at 08:33 +0100, Hermann Meyer wrote:
> Am 17.02.19 um 08:29 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> > IMO it's foolish to use Mint. What is the reason to prefer an Ubuntu
> > derivative over an official Ubuntu flavour?
>
> Following your stance one could say the same about Ubuntu, as Ubuntu is
> a debian derivative.

That is something completely different, since

1. Ubuntu has a huge users base and provides quite good support, e.g. by
mailing lists. Mint doesn't.

2. Take a look at the Debian tracker, for example

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ardour

on the right side the Ubuntu link is available, Debian and Ubuntu do
cooperate. There is no direct cooperation with Mint.

3. Ubuntu takes over responsibility, for example

https://usn.ubuntu.com/

Note, I'm an Arch Linux user. I'm an advocate of official Ubuntu
flavours, because Ubuntu IMO is a really good trade-off for those who
need a helping hand.