[LAU] Linux mint for audio?

Michael Zoet Michael.Zoet at zoet.de
Sun Feb 17 20:30:14 CET 2019

Hi everyone,

first post from me on this mailing list, so be polite to me ;-).

Just my 50 cent on the topic:

I used Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint Debian edition and a lot of other
Linux distros in the past and got them all up and running for using
Linux audio stuff. I am not a heavy Linux audio user and do not you use
all of it capabilities. But for me everything worked also with Linux
Mint. At least for what I am doing with it. And all distros have pros
and cons and it basically depends on the personal taste...

One think about Linux Mint Debian edition: if you want to have an
encrypted boot setup you need to be familiar with the command line.
Everything else works with a good graphical UI. But it has nothing to do
with audio stuff you can run on Linux Mint. With the audio stuff it is
basically the same as for other distros. And also Linux Mint has a good
wiki which is very helpful for Mint topics. For the other stuff you
might need help with you can use the usual channels that exist for all
of us. (Sometimes I use Arch Linux tips for my Debian installations.)

And for all that are curious about me: I am a Linux and Open Source
system administrator (or SysEng or DevOps whatever you want to call guys
like me), play guitar in a band and use Linux audio stuff mostly to
practice and play along recorded music. Sometimes I record my own music
to check my playing :-).

Michael