[LAU] Linux mint for audio?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Feb 18 00:00:35 CET 2019

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 22:42:47 +0000, djdualcore at protonmail.com wrote:
>So, what is the general recommendation for people who want to work
>with audio on a laptop that isn't necessarily dedicated to audio?

Mint could do the job without issues, but not necessarily does the job
without issues. Ubuntu usually is easier to use by default, but
as another subscriber already pointed out, 18.x releases of official
Ubuntu flavours tend to cause issues on some machines.

My opinion isn't based upon experiences with Linux Mint and installs
of Ubuntu > 16.04, while on my machine Ubuntu 18.x live media are not
without issues.

It's just an opinion based upon my impression of the
infrastructure, such as support channels, a security team etc.:

IMO Ubuntu is very close to Mint, but I suspect that Ubuntu provides a
more reliable infrastructure.

If I wouldn't use Arch Linux, I most likely would use Ubuntu or Debian
or even an RPM package management major distro such as Fedora or Suse,
but most unlikely I would tend to migrate to Mint.