[LAU] Linux mint for audio?

Roger gurusonic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 00:46:00 CET 2019

On 19/2/19 2:48 am, Edward Diehl wrote:
> Also I left a free partition so I may try some other distro.  AVLinux
> would have been my first choice, but unfortunately it
> does not support GPT partitioning, so is essentially un-installable
> (unless I revert to MBR)

AVLinux has supported GPT and UEFI for over a year thanks to
contributions from korakios. It's one thing that delayed my switching to
it but I installed last year and it works beautifully.

Here's a how-to which discusses it, but I think it's quite simple to do
if you use the latest AV Linux 2018.6.25 release:

http://bandshed.net/forum/index.php?topic=4116.msg24293#msg24293

Release notes:
http://www.bandshed.net/2018/06/25/av-linux-2018-6-25-iso-update-with-uefi-fixes-released/

Roger