[LAU] "native dancer" - modular performance recorded with linux (reaper + kdenlive)

Atte atte at youmail.dk
Wed Feb 27 12:19:32 CET 2019

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 10:40:26 +0000
Will Godfrey <willgodfrey at musically.me.uk> wrote:
> Nice to see you here again.

Thanks! I've been lurking all along, though :-)

> That's quite a performance!'Modular' really is a totally different workflow
> isn't it?

Very!

The instrument is giving so much back. Alot of the time something unexpected happened, especially with analog modules, for instance when you do something with a module that the designer didn't really intend, things are breaking up in a very organic way.

There are also a lot of limitations, which in fact is quite a good thing, it makes you focus on what can be done with what little you have.

And the nature of the thing means that when the cables are pulled out, everything is lost (except the recording you made). For me it means I'm much more productive, no more endless tweaking and rethinking everything, just go with the flow, record the thing and on to the next piece.

And it's so much fun to "perform" it, making all those decisions in the moment, form, structure, dynamics, mood, melodies, textures, density, everything is up for grabs, which was what got me started in the first place.

Cheers
--
Atte
http://a773.dk