[LAU] RME Babyface Pro questions

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Feb 27 17:57:56 CET 2019

Hi, all.  I'm considering replacing my M-Audio Delta 1010 an Mackie Big Knob
monitor controller with an RME Babyface Pro so that I have preamps available
at my desktop without breaking out my big mixer, and hardware volume control
for my monitors.

I know a few folks here have the Babyface Pro (Hi, Fons and Brent!) and
I'm curious as to whether you're all still happy with it.  I've been reading
that in the class-compliant mode, which is required for Linux use), that
various features are not enabled.

My biggest concern is about phantom power, as I'd seen a mention that
PP is only settable from the TotalMix software, which is a no-op in CC mode.

I'm also interested in any "gotchas" or anecdotes about living with this
unit under Linux.

Thanks!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com