[LAU] systemd woes with jackd and its permissions (raspbian)

al3xu5 / dotcommon dotcommon at autistici.org
Thu Jan 31 10:03:56 CET 2019

Il giorno lunedì 28/01/2019 01:12:52 +0100
"Peter P." <peterparker at fastmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi list,
>
> please help with a realtime permissions issue trying to start jackd via
> my systemd service script on raspbian.
>
> 	[...]
>
> Now this took me four hours so far without success and I wonder what is
> a functional way to use jackd via systemd on a headless computer in
> 2019. All comments are very welcome!

Being systemd a complete nightmare (which turns your machine to a windows-like
system), simply stop using it and migrate to a systemd-free system.

I suggest considering Devuan [1] (which is the distribution I am using since
2016), which also has an 'embedded' ARM release [2] for the Raspberry platforms.

Regards

[1] https://devuan.org/
[2] https://devuan.ksx4system.net/devuan_ascii/embedded/
    (other mirrors here: https://devuan.org/get-devuan)

--
al3xu5 / dotcommon
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and any industrial design restrictions.