[LAU] [Music] New EP: Congroovent

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Jul 17 23:51:17 CEST 2019

Hey hey,
in tribute and honour to DJ Annie Mac I publish my new EP, with completely
fresh material: Congroovent
http://juliencoder.de/nama/congroovent
Happy birthday Annie, though for her it won't be for another hour yet.

This EP spans electronic genres from synthwave to club to drum and bass, with
80s synthpop, baroque music and modern harmonies in its gene pool.

>From the Linux side it involved Midish for sequencing and arranging, Nama for
recording/rendering to disk, processing, mixing and mastering, LinuxSampler
for opena dn commercial samples, including some self sampled and prepared
kits, Yoshimi - a happy birthday due shortly! - for some wonderfully unique
synth sounds and even Csound for the odd effect and creating/synthesizing an
IR for "Strain of thought", listen out for the snare!

Otherwise, yes it is heavily reliant on hardware, which is both for practical
reasons and a certain cult-motif. :) The practical reason being, from a sound
designer's point of view, the immediacy of programming, the accessibility for
a blind person, including the full depth of the instruments and, of course,
just having them. :)

I hope you enjoy it, I'd love to hear your feedback - good and bad - and you
are very welcome to share it. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c