[LAU] lib lilv issue loading LV2 plugins

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Tue Jul 30 01:21:52 CEST 2019

Am 29.07.19 um 18:45 schrieb Jeanette C.:
> It is not only ProM, I'm not sure if I get the message for ALL installed
> plugins, but a lot.

Ok, so somthing seems to be generally wrong with loading manifest.ttl
files. Just a thought: maybe try to update the serd and sord packages?

As a side note: I maintain AUR VCS packages for all of David Robillard's
LV2 related software packages so I always have them compiled from
reasonably recent state or theier respective Git repos. Here's a script
I use to recompile them from time to time:

#!/bin/bash

PACKAGES="serd-git sord-git lv2-git sratom-git suil-git lilv-git jalv-git"

for d in $PACKAGES; do
    if [[ ! -d "$d" ]]; then
        git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/${d}.git
        pushd "$d"
    else
        pushd "$d"
        git status
        git pull
    fi
    makepkg -fi
    popd
done

> Hm, interestingly, it isn't just the plugin I use. It seems to be part
> of a system-wide search/p0reparation/setup procedure.

Yes, when you use lilv to load a plugin, it triggers a discovery process
for all LV2 plugins, the loading of the so-called LV2 "World", as can be
seen in the Python script I linked earlier.

Chris