[LAU] Using JACK without an audio card

Erik Schoster erik at hecanjog.com
Fri Jun 14 06:34:42 CEST 2019

Hello!

I'm setting up a remote server now to run generative audio ideally routed via JACK to liquidsoap and out to a web radio stream.

The server is a physical machine colocated in a datacenter but I'm not sure if I will be able to install an audio card into it -- it would be easiest if I didn't have to.

Does anyone know if there a way to run jack for routing internal audio without an actual audio card?

I'm also interested in using jacktrip on the server.

Thank you!

Best,
Erik