[LAU] Muse 3.1

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Sun Jun 30 18:42:52 CEST 2019

On 6/28/19 10:06 AM, Brent Busby wrote:
> Anyone have any comments about Muse 3.1?

[ Sound of crickets chirping, tumbleweeds rolling... ]

That popular, eh?

OK I'll comment.
I really really like MusE! Greatest thing since sliced bread!
Oh, wait, I'm the main developer. Does that count? ;-)

> muse-sequencer.org is down right now, but their github is up...
> I've been on 2.1 as my main sequencer for ages.

Ancient. Stick with 3.1.x, far superior.
Recommended to use the git master until next releases because
  it is updated almost daily with important fixes and features.

Speaking of features...
The day after you posted this, I finished something sorely missing
  from MusE since day one (almost 20 years ago):

* Comprehensive full audio and midi *latency* correction/compensation.

MusE can now be trusted to align all recorded and playback tracks,
  regardless of audio server period size.
This was a massive effort taking many months, since we too share
  that complex 'route anything anywhere' concept.
I'm very proud it is done. MusE is now all grown-up!

In git master now. See the ChangeLog for details.

Tim.