[LAU] Purr Data participation in GSoC 2019

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 22:25:51 CET 2019

Hello Linux audio,

    I am the maintainer of Purr Data, a fork of Pd that focuses on
usability and ships with lots of external libraries. We're doing our
second year of Google Summer of Code, and I'd like to put a call out
for anyone here who is in college to apply to be a student with our
organization this year.

Our GSoC organization page is here:

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5078817117306880/

There are opportunities to work on code in C, C++, Javascript, Lua,
Python, and probably any other language that can interface with C.

If you use Pd please keep in mind the possibility of doing a project
by writing in Pd itself. Pd is a programming language, and it's
possible to use it to write fully-functioning libraries for both DSP
and general purposes. So if you've ever written or performed using Pd,
do consider the possibility of participating in GSoC this year with
us.

Best,
Jonathan