[LAU] Amp / speaker combo for Piano

Gerhard Zintel gerhard.zintel at web.de
Tue Mar 5 20:03:41 CET 2019

On Tuesday 05 March 2019, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> for the best sound, you probably want to stay away from keyboard amps and
> go for a powered PA speaker.  QSC speakers are very popular with keyboard
> players, but there are other options as well:
>
> https://www.qsc.com/live-sound/products/loudspeakers/powered-loudspeakers/k
>-series/k12/
>
> a pair of these will sound fantastic.

Thanks for this hint. I meanwhile already looked for the QSC line and am asking
myself if its worth to go for the K12.2 series or if it is enough bang for the
buck to go with the cheaper CP12 systems. Less money, less weight, less but
surely sufficient Power (500 Watts) but no programmable equaliser and somewhat
higher corner frequency. I might have to test both in comparison?!

Gerhard