[LAU] sound devices usb pre 2. usb 2 with 96k

Hans Wilmers hanswil at notam02.no
Sat Mar 16 22:00:03 CET 2019

On 16/03/2019 19:14, Chris Caudle wrote:
> On Sat, March 16, 2019 12:38 pm, olaf at klingt.org wrote:
>> On March 16, 2019 6:26:58 PM GMT+01:00, Moshe Werner <moshwe at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Afaik, usb2 CC works up to 48kHz...
>
> Audio Class 1 is defined for up to 48kHz.
> Audio Class 2 is can use higher sample rates.
>
> It seems that the Sound Devices Pre2 defaults to class 1 mode, but based
> on the documentation it seems to have a class 2 mode available.
> At this point you would need to contact Sound Devices to confirm it is
> actually class 2 compliant, or if it uses a proprietary driver.  If it is
> class 2 compliant, you need to know how to make the device switch to class
> 2 mode.

It is the other way around: The USBPre2 defaults to usb2 mode, and is
class compliant there. In class compliant mode, it is limited to 24/48.

I recall that to get into usb1 mode, I needed to push one of the buttons
on the device during connection to the PC. I don't know whether this is
still the case in newer firmware releases.

/ Hans