[LAU] Yoshimi CC71 and CC74 [WAS] Re: [Rosegarden-user] MIDI CC -- how to add ruler for ones list?

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 20:29:30 CET 2019

On 17/03/2019 05:25, david wrote:
> On 3/16/19 10:54 AM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
>> On 16/03/2019 21:34, Brett McCoy wrote:
>>> In the "Add Control Ruler" menu in the Matrix Editor, there are only
>>> these CCs listed
>>>
>>> 10 Pan
>>> 93 Chorus
>>> 7 Volume
>>> 91 Reverb
>>> 64 Sustain
>>> 11 Expression
>>> 1 Modulation
>>>
>>> How can I add a ruler for an arbitrary CC# -- for instance, I am
>>> sending MIDI to an external sample player that has CC#2 available for
>>> playing an ornamented note. How can I send this from Rosegarden
>>> (aside from using Event Editor, which is painful)
>>
>> Try this..
>>
>> Open: Studio > Manage MIDI Devices
>>
>> In the top-left area select the button "Controllers..." for the midi
>> device you are connection the sample player to.
>>
>> A window where you can manage including adding etc. CC# appears.
>>
>> When you're done the newly added CC will appear in any "Add control
>> ruler" (button with the star icon), in e.g. matrix or notation editor.
>>
>> I used this quite a bit to have CC71 and CC74 rulers when playing to
>> yoshimi ;)
>
> So what do CC71 and CC74 do when sent to yoshimi?

They control Filter Q (71) and Filter cut-off (74).. Depending on the
instrument changing these can have pretty audible and (sometimes)
dramatic effects.
Have a look here as well:

https://github.com/Yoshimi/yoshimi/blob/master/doc/MIDI.txt

Lorenzo.