[LAU] Can netjack1/2 over a direct ethernet connection substitute for local ALSA audio?

crocket crockabiscuit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 06:35:45 CET 2019

I have a desktop computer and Raspberry Pi 3 B+.
I want Raspberry Pi to control my speakers and share my speakers with my
desktop over a direct ethernet connection.

USB microphone is going to be connected to Raspberry Pi and be shared with
the desktop computer over the ethernet connection, too.

Can netjack1/2 over a direct ethernet connection substitute for local ALSA
audio?
Will video and audio synchronize if netjack was used over a direct ethernet
connection?