[LAU] Can netjack1/2 over a direct ethernet connection substitute for local ALSA audio?

crocket crockabiscuit at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 01:42:43 CET 2019

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 12:46 AM Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:

> if you are usng your desktop audio
> for anything important that requires solid sync, I would use the local
> device as backend and use zita-njbridge to join the two jack servers on
> the two machines.

I decided to not give up just yet. I just understood zita-njbridge and
zita-ajbridge.

1. Is a video call going to have synchronization issues if my desktop
connects to speakers and a USB microphone on Raspberry Pi over a direct
ethernet connection?
2. Am I going to notice synchronization issues when I watch youtube videos
on my desktop?