[LAU] Full-featured mixers

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Sun Mar 31 19:05:34 CEST 2019

Hi list. Just continuing a thread I probably should have
  started here instead of on Jack lists.

I was trying to say I was disappointed that apparently
  a user had trouble with some hardware volumes.
So I lamented the lack of hardware controls in general
  mixers these days. They used to show all ALSA controls.

I found a tip for KMix to show ALSA *not* Pulse controls:
   "export KMIX_PULSEAUDIO_DISABLE=1 && kmix"
But unfortunately it's either Pulse or ALSA, not both at the
  same time in KMix. To me that's a bad thing.

So I want to give a big shout out for QasMixer
  https://sourceforge.net/projects/qastools/
  and ask what general mixers you might use and what
  you think of QasMixer and QasHctl. They're pretty cool.
They show all my ice1712 controls.

I think a desktop mixer icon should eventually bring you
  to something like that instead of only Pulse.
What do you think?

Tim.