[LAU] Behringer UMC1820 suddenly stopped working with JACK2 (after re-install)

nik at parkellipsen.de nik at parkellipsen.de
Tue May 7 21:16:49 CEST 2019

David Runge wrote on 07.05.2019 00:46:
> On 2019-05-06 17:23:14 (-0500), Chris Caudle wrote:
> > On Mon, May 6, 2019 5:02 pm, nik at parkellipsen.de wrote:
> > > ALSA: cannot set channel count to 2 for playback
> > > ALSA: cannot configure playback channel
> I also think this is the problem (for whatever reason).
>
> > Have you tried not specifying the -o parameter as an experiment? I admit
> > it is grasping, it seems that jackd should be able to use just a subset
> of
> > the channels if that is what you were using before. Is this exactly the
> > same kernel version/ALSA version you were using successfully before?
>
> Alternatively you can try to boot with the linux-lts kernel and see if
> it is kernel related (that would suck).

Huh, that's a bit embarrassing, but, not using the output parameter actually did it ... maybe i just never used that on the old system ?
Weird, guess I became victim to habit ...

Well, at least it's not a kernel issue (phew)

This works (no -o):

jackd -P98 -dalsa -dhw:2 -p512 -n3 -r44100 &

Thanks for your help everybody !

Best,
Niklas