[LAU] Behringer UMC1820

nik at parkellipsen.de nik at parkellipsen.de
Thu Nov 7 10:12:11 CET 2019

I have one and use it regularly with multichannel setups, it works out of the box and I have no complaints.

It even allows to separately control the volume of its outputs using alsamixer, which is nice.

As Paul already said, the samplerate is controlled by whatever software you use it with.

The only "quirk" (if it is one) is that you can't use it with JACK using an arbitrary number of channels,
just the maximum. Ideally, just omit the channel argument. I once nearly went mad because I didn't know
why my system suddenly stopped working, just to find out that I added the channel argument to start JACK.

Best,