[LAU] synchronization of two RME MADI cards

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Nov 14 01:22:42 CET 2019

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019, Giso Grimm wrote:

>>> we are running a setup with two RME MADI cards to drive a system with
>>> approx. 100 playback channels. We are using jack2 and zita-j2a to
>>> achieve a sufficient number of playback channels. The sample clocks are
>
> no, PCIe (and RME MADI hdspe cards are far from being budget - although
> quite cheep compared to over 100 loudspeakers and corresponding
> DA-converters :-) ). Sample clock sync works perfectly.

Sorry, I misread. I think that because there is an indeterminite amount of
time between jack opening one device and zita-ajbridge opening the second,
the interrupts can not happen at the same time. In this case creating a
multi device and opening the whole thing as jack's master device would be
the only way. See http://jrigg.co.uk/linuxaudio/ice1712multi.html for an
example.

--
Len Ovens