[LAU] kdenlive - audio time delay

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vivaldi.net
Thu Oct 3 11:03:08 CEST 2019

On 2019-09-30 22:40, Daniel Wilhelm wrote:
> I like to do video cuts exactly synchronized with music song beats. So
> i would like to "tap in" the beats with markers before cutting to have
> the cut positions to snap to. That's not possible on my system, i
> always have about 500ms of delay when i listen to the music track and
> tap in the beats.

I believe this is not an audio-related problem but this might put you on
track:

Not that I would use markers for this myself (I use the peaks of the
wave representation of the tracks), but I just tested it myself, hitting
the asterisk key while listening to the music and got a delay of just 2
frames @25FPS with a low latency kernel.

The only thing I can think of that can make such big delay as 500 ms is
that you use the "Use slow keys" setting in the accessibilities
settings. You might want to open "System Settings" -> "Accessibility"
and there select the "Keyboard Filters" and then have a look there. Bit
it's weird if this is the problem because then everything you type would
have the same delay. I hope you manage to fix it.

Jostein