[LAU] Long latencies with JConvolver or BruteFIR

AKC360 alexkc1 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 5 18:50:38 CEST 2019

Hello People,

I have a strange problem with high latency for both JConvolver or BruteFIR.
My Jack settings are low(3ms) and stable and the latency doesn't seem to
tally with the partition size?

My Hardware:
i5-8259U - Intel NUC
8GB DDR4
PCIe SSD
M-Audio - MTrack8 USB Sound

Software:
Ubuntu Studio 19.04 - Have tried updated and fresh install also a blank
Debian 10.1
Jconvolver 0.9.3-2
BruteFIR 1.0o-1
Jackd2 1.9.12

Settings:
Jack Settings - 48KHz 64Buffer 3Period
BruteFIR - 7 Filters each 8192 Taps, These are each split into 512sample
partitions
Jconvolver - 7 Filters each 8192 Taps, These are split into 64sample
partitions

Results:

JConvolver Latency = 85mS, CPU Load = <5%
Brutefir Latency = 104mS, CPU Load = 55-60%

These latencies are measured inside Jack(Not using sound card IO) using a
jack signal generator and a jack oscilloscope. But also verified externally.

I dont understand why I am getting such long latencies, I would be very
grateful if anyone could shed some light on why the latencies are so long
and even more grateful if you could share how to fix it!

Thank you in advance,

Alex

--
Sent from: http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/linux-audio-user-f5.html