[LAU] Long latencies with JConvolver or BruteFIR

AKC360 alexkc1 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 7 20:42:33 CEST 2019

Fons Adriaensen-3 wrote
> Both are way too high. Are you sure you are measuring
> latency, and not just the delay of your filter ?
>
> A symmetric FIR of 8192 samples would have a delay
> of 4096 samples, or 85.333 ms...
>
> To measure latency, you'd need a 'filter' consisting
> of single sample at position 0 (use the 'dirac' command
> in the jconvolver config).

I am sorry yes I think I have confused the terms being used. I sent an
impulse through JConvolver with the oscilloscope CH1 being connected to the
signal generators Jack output. CH2 was connected to the Jack Output of
Jconvolver. I measeured the time difference on the scope between the two
impulses.

So I guess I am measuring jack latency and the filter delay. I thought with
partitioned convolution the filter delay would be lowered from the
traditional delay(85mS)?

Thanks for your help with this, my speakers sound so much better since going
active and linear phase!

Alex

--
Sent from: http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/linux-audio-user-f5.html