[LAU] zita-a2j Pegging CPU

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Oct 8 20:06:09 CEST 2019

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019, Len Ovens wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Oct 2019, Scott Cazan wrote:
>
>> I've been having this issue with zita-a2j launching into 100% CPU usage
>
> If you are using ubuntustudio-controls to run jack, I would suggest filing
> a bug against that package as development is ongoing. Controls does send a
> SIGKILL to the PID of the zita-ajbridge if it detects the removal of a USB
> device but that does not always seem to be effective. If there is a better
> way to terminate zita-ajbridge I too would like to know.

Also noted while playing around, it does not seem to matter if the device
is removed or not, sending either SIGKILL or SIGTERM does not fully get
rid of zita-ajbridge:

$ ps x |grep zita
27584 pts/5    Z+     0:00 [zita-j2a] <defunct>
27585 pts/5    Z+     0:00 [zita-a2j] <defunct>

one was killed with SIGTERM and the other with SIGKILL

Both of these vanish on stopping jackd or starting another zita-ajbridge.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net