[LAU] It's been a while

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Tue Oct 8 20:13:14 CEST 2019

On Fri, 04 Oct 2019 08:35:44 +0200
"Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jostein at vivaldi.net> wrote:

>On 2019-09-28 21:15, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> I've had a very long 'dead' spell where I couldn't come up with
>> anything
>> completely new and original, but I finally set out to compose something
>> for
>> this month's KVR contest. After leaving it a few days, I listened again
>> and
>> found I liked it enough to post a copy on Soundcloud :)
>> Hope you like it too.
>
>Nice, it cleans my brain and puts me in a good mood!  :-)

Very happy to hear that :)

>The synths sound so good, is it Yoshimi? To learn to use Yoshimi
>properly has been on my Todo-list for a long time now, I hope I can do
>that soon.
>
>Jostein

Yes it's entirely Yoshimi sounds, with Rosegarden as the sequencer.
I build up complete recordings by live playing to Rosegarden as MIDI tracks.

I've actually just got back from a chillout holiday in Derbyshire, also demoing
Yoshimi at SynthfestUK 2019 on Saturday :)

Details here, and the floor plan. Yoshimi was at L6, same as last year :)
https://www.synthfest.co.uk/exhibitors

Once I've caught up with 'stuff' I'll put together a show report.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk