[LAU] Behringer X32 - glitch problems

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Oct 13 20:54:19 CEST 2019

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019, nik at parkellipsen.de wrote:

> Hmm, this is interesting, i just checked the USB ports in my Thinkpad
> T440s with lsusb -t.

> That means, not matter where i connect the interface, there's no way to
> connect to the least busy bus.

Which driver is servicing them? if it an xhci driver... turning that off,
either in bios (what I did) of via software may let the ohci driver work
and split them up a bit. (I at least got two doing this) This basically
makes your machine USB2 and not USB3. However, it may allow you to
separate at least some of you USB parts. On this machine with xhci running
every single plug ended up on the same USB bridge (all 10 of them!) but
turning xhci off in bios split the plugs into two bridges (front and back
in my case) and allowed me to give my USB audio a higher priorty while
leaving my mouse and printer at lower priority. (the mouse has since been
replaced with a ps/2 mouse) This may help:
https://www.systutorials.com/241533/how-to-force-a-usb-3-0-port-to-work-in-usb-2-0-mode-in-linux/

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net