[LAU] How to automatically start zita-j2a/a2j with jack?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Oct 14 19:22:14 CEST 2019

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 10:42 AM Joakim Hernberg <jhernberg at alchemy.lu>
wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 12:13:15 -0700 (MST)
> Steven Kruyswijk <stevenkruyswijk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ah... I only now realize that I need to utilize jackd1. Raspbian
> > comes with jackd2 as standard.
>
> IIRC jack2 can do this too, but it doesn't use the same command line
> parms, rather you'd have to run "jack_load audioadapter". I'm pretty
> sure this can be automated but don't remember the details.

Not so. zita_ajbridge (zita_a2j and zita_j2a) can both be used by jack1 and
jack2.

I was using jack1's builtin version of zita_a2j but found that it cannot
recover from xruns as well as the current version of zita_a2j.
Consequently, I have this line in the "execute script after startup"
section of qjackctl:

    zita-a2j -j desktop -d jca -r %r -p %p &

and then "killall zita-a2j" in the "execute script on shutdown" section.

Maybe one day I or someone else will update the version of the code in
jack1 to match the current zita_ajbridge release.