[LAU] How to automatically start zita-j2a/a2j with jack?

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Tue Oct 15 19:47:09 CEST 2019

Joakim Hernberg <jhernberg at alchemy.lu> writes:

> On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 11:22:14 -0600
> Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>
>> > IIRC jack2 can do this too, but it doesn't use the same command line
>> > parms, rather you'd have to run "jack_load audioadapter". I'm pretty
>> > sure this can be automated but don't remember the details.
>>
>> Not so. zita_ajbridge (zita_a2j and zita_j2a) can both be used by
>> jack1 and jack2.
>
> What I meant is that JACK2 also has functionality to connect to several
> sound cards, but it's enabled differently than the JACK1 builtin
> client.  Of course zita_ajbridge can alternatively be used with both
> versions of JACK.

This is something I'm interested in doing, but I've not looked into
whether it's possible or what would be necessary -- using Jack 2 with
multiple interfaces.

I'd like to record drums with a track per mic, but on an 8-piece set
with a hi-hat mic and two overheads, that's a lot of inputs.  (I have a
mixer that can provide mic preamps and line level direct outs per
channel, so preamps aren't the problem, just quantity of analog ins on
the computer side.)  My Multiface-II only has eight analog inputs, but I
also have a Babyface Pro which could possibly offer more.  Is there a
way I could use them both simultaneously with Jack 2?  Could that be
setup from preferences in QJackCtl somehow, or from some other frontend?

--
		+ "The introduction of a new kind of music must