[LAU] calf-plugins: why only few have 'byepass' button ?

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 17:20:36 CEST 2019

Thanks Max, that helps. I do have the on/off switch, but I was expecting
something labelled 'byepass'.
The explanation says:

*     You can't bypass a reverb since the effect is added to the dry
signal. That's the reason why there's the "active" switch. *

However, I am unable to wrap my head around it. Hardware Reverb pedals have
a byepass switch. The effect itself cannot (or should not) be able to tell
if it's input is dry or wet. Why does it even matter ?

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 7:50 PM Max <abonnements at revolwear.com> wrote:

> Are you sure you are using an up-to-date calf suite?
> https://github.com/calf-studio-gear/calf/issues/122
>

> On 16.10.19 14:23, Banibrata Dutta wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Had a great time playing around with calf-plugins and doing some live
> > vocals (except the few rare xruns that still do trouble me). However, I
> > noticed that while 'Reverb', 'Chorus did not have a byepass button, few
> > other ones did. What gives ?

regards,
Banibrata
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bdutta