[LAU] Playing MIDI files on setBfree

Gerhard Zintel gerhard.zintel at web.de
Sun Sep 8 14:25:55 CEST 2019

Dear List,

I'd like to play a MIDI file using setBfreeUI but have not found any
possibility. Is there a method to send a MIDI file to the already launched
program or otherwise a command line parameter to let setBfree play the given
MIDI file?

My feeling is that setBfree is not capable to play MIDI files by its own?! thus
I was looking for a simple jack-aware MIDI file player sending its output to
Jack to be routed to setBfree. Any hint is highly appreciated.

Another setBfree question: Can I get information of the current program that is
in use? E.g. I send a Program Change MIDI message to setBfreeUI and notice that
the sliders change but have no control about which program it is that is
currently in use.

thanks for your time
Gerhard