[LAU] Adjusting velocity curve for individual MIDI keys?

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Mon Sep 9 00:24:30 CEST 2019

Am 08.09.19 um 16:45 schrieb S.:
> I'm looking for
> some easy Linux compatible options for something I can plug into Jack to
> modify the velocity curve of *specific keys* before the signal reaches the
> synthesizer program. Any tips? Thanks!

Not exactly easy, but another option is writing a custom MIDI filter
script for the Moony [1] LV2 plugin.

Since I wanted to learn how to write these scripts anyway eventually, I
just wrote a velocity scaling Lua script for Moony:

https://github.com/SpotlightKid/moony-lv2-scripts/

When you got the Moony LV2 plugin installed (I'll not go into how
compile & install it here), you just copy and paste the Lua script into
the Plugin GUI editor and then press the "Send" button at the bottom,
then connect your midi input to Monny and Moony's output to your softsynth.

You can change the velocity scaling factor and other parameters by
changing the variables at the top of the script. Don't forget to press
"Send" again after each change.

Thanks to the Moony author for the very cool plugin!

[1] https://open-music-kontrollers.ch/lv2/moony/