[LAU] kdenlive - audio time delay

Daniel Wilhelm d at niel.com.de
Mon Sep 30 22:40:03 CEST 2019

Hello All,
i have a special little audio problem with kdenlive which is annoying me
a lot, perhaps you can reproduce it or have an solutiuon:
I like to do video cuts exactly synchronized with music song beats. So i
would like to "tap in" the beats with markers before cutting to have the
cut positions to snap to. That's not possible on my system, i always
have about 500ms of delay when i listen to the music track and tap in
the beats. So the markers are always a little to late and out of sync...
Can you reproduce this? Do you have an idea?
I am on Arch latest kernel, KDE, Ryzen System, tried it on Pulseaudion
and Firewire external Audio Interface, Same Problem.

Thanks for ideas, Daniel.