[LAU] Jack-hardware bridging issue

Iain Mott mott at escuta.org
Wed Apr 1 12:00:29 CEST 2020

Hi list,

I am running a telephony daemon on a laptop that gives no audio
interface configuration options and I wish to use it with Jack. I'm
confused as to whether or not it is using ALSA. If Jack is already
running (with pulseaudio-module-jack uninstalled) and configured to use
an external USB sound card, starting the daemon results in its audio i/o
being connected with the laptop's internal mic and speaker. If Jack is
not running, the daemon connects with card 1 listed by "aplay -l", which
happens to be the USB card. However, if Jack is running with
pulseaudio-module-jack installed and all other non-jack audio apps are
routed via the sink to the USB card, the telephony daemon again connects
and runs correctly with laptop's internal hardware.

I don't think ALSA-Jack loopback scripts will work as I think
pulseaudio-module-jack does this job now.  Is there a solution with
kernel modules? Can someone please put me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Iain