[LAU] Best collaboration software...

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 09:43:12 CEST 2020

On 03/04/20 03:36, worik wrote:
> Given the current curfew has me unable to physically collaborate I am
> looking for software for online collaboration.

Really depends on what you define as 'collaboration', who you are
wishing to interact with and how. There's a bunch of software /
platforms / workflow but really depends on what your use case is :-)

I also assume you mean for *musical* collaboration given the list?

For instance with people I physically play with we often 'collaborate'
also online in terms of (musical / song) idea sharing etc. In that case
everyone uses their own local software set-up for music and then just
exchange files with whatever online platform works for all...

There are online platforms which offer to collaborate with people by
allowing you to share tracks and improvise/add to them. That can be fun
for practising and getting to know other musicians from all over the world.

Platforms which claim to allow 'collaborative composition' exist,
although I never tried them.

I'm sure there are many other workflows and related
platforms/software... :-)

Lorenzo.