[LAU] zita-a2j bridge eating resources if device becomes unavailable

Len len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Apr 4 08:11:24 CEST 2020

On 2020-04-03 17:02, Max wrote:

> I guess it's a known issue that zita-a2j will eat all memory if the
> device it was bridging was disconnected. Is there a way to make it
> handle disconnects more gracefully without taking down the system
> after some time?

Best way is to monitor the audio device (I use dbus) and if it vanishes
send a sigint (like a control C) to zita-ajbridge. Yes this means
keeping track of the PID when starting it. I use a python script to do
this. It both starts zita-ajbridge and stops it when it is no longer
needed.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net