[LAU] MOTU AVB metering?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Apr 6 01:32:00 CEST 2020

Hi.

Maybe not directly related to Linux Audio, but:
Does the MOTU AVB OSC or HTTP API provide some sort of level metering?
I see it mentioned as a capability, but I see no keys related to
metering info.  Does anyone know if this is a thing, and if it can be
done programatically?

If no, I guess I need to use JACK.  Being a pure console user, I
wonder if there is something which I could use right away?
Writing a simple (braille display friendly) metering tool shouldn't be
too hard I guess.  But if I don't have to...
I'd like to have:
* A configurable update rate/window size so that it doesn't scroll too fast.
* dB as number and perhaps an ASCII bar.
* Clipping indicator
* Configurable mono/stereo port mapping so that each logical
  channel does only occupy one line on the screen.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕